Photo taken on Surfside Beach
The Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand Area has been one of the nation's largest tourist destinations for many years. There is so much to see and do. Here are just a few great reasons to visit this area.
- NEW Myrtle Beach Sky Wheel - New for summer 2011, this attraction rises over 200 feet above sea level and features 42 climate controlled gondolas and a nightly LED light show.
- NEW Wonder Works Amusement - New for summer 2011 is an upside down two-story building loaded with interesting facts and entertainment.
- NEW Pirates Voyage Dinner Adventure - New for summer 2011 the breathtaking show that replaced the Dixie Stampede.
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk - New in 2010 is a 1.2-mile oceanfront boardwalk features shopping, dining and special events all summer.
- Broadway at the Beach - Premier outdoor shopping center. Features great restaurants, 3D IMAX Theater, Ripley's Aquarium, nightlife and much more.
- Ocean Blvd - Fun to drive, but even better if you walk, "the strip" in Myrtle Beach features shops, arcades, restaurants, bars and even an amusement park.
- Barefoot Landing - North Myrtle Beach's biggest entertainment complex is home to the Alabama Theater, House of Blues, Dick's Last Resort, Alligator Adventure, premier restaurants and more.
- Market Commons - Shopping and entertainment complex features upscale shopping, fine dining, movie theaters, concerts and special events.
- Brookgreen Gardens - Directly across from Huntington Beach State Park, this is one of the areas most beautiful garden attractions and features the lifelike sculptures of Anna Hyatt Huntington.
- Jamin' Leather Superstore - A wild west attraction located in Surfside Beach next to Wild Water and Wheels Water Park and the Hudson Flea Market.